- To recognize the faces of the people who make your child’s day bright
- To see the areas where your child is growing and developing
- To feel that we are communicating effectively
- To be comfortable letting your child take leaps into new territories and trying new things
- To know your child is safe.
We are happy to chat with you about your child's activities. The Head Counselors are the best source to share this information. Please call the office 914.235.2700, ext. 256 , and the Head Counselor will return your call after 5:00 PM. Additionally, we will email you The Beth El Bugle, our camp newsletter, with general information every Friday.
It is our pleasure to celebrate your child's birthday in camp at a price of $25. Please contact us if you are interested in our delicious cupcakes or watermelon boat. Egg and gluten-free options are available.
All food served and/or prepared follows kosher dietary laws and is completely peanut and nut-free. Children eat delicious, healthy snacks and hot lunches. The menu will be sent to you in June. We offer a delicious gluten-free menu which is parallel to the day camp menu. We are allergy friendly with options available for all. Please contact us with any questions.
1. Beth El Day Camp is nut-free. Our dietary staff needs to be aware of your child’s food and environmental. All food labels need to be reviewed by our camp nurse for any allergens that may affect your child.
2. Medication must be given directly to the nurse by the parent or caretaker. Medication dispensed by the nurse needs:
- To be in the original pharmacy container with the child’s name on it.
- To have written instructions indicating the dosage, time of administration and whether the medication should be refrigerated with signed permission from the parent for the nurse to dispense it.
All medication will be kept locked in the nurse's area and will only be dispensed by our nurse.
A full time registered nurse is on duty at camp to handle minor injuries and dispense medication.
If your child becomes ill or injured during the camp day we will contact you. If your child is home due to illness, please contact the camp office to let us know at 914.235.2700 x256 or email Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org. We especially need to know as soon as possible whether your child was seen by your pediatrician and is considered contagious.
Please call when your child is sick. Be aware that a child may only return to camp after being fever free or on antibiotics for 24 hours. If your child continues to have a cough, and your pediatrician feels that (s)he is not contagious, (s)he may return to camp with a doctor’s note. Please notify us of any new rashes as well.
Please click here to view camp rates.
The campers are under close supervision of American Red Cross Certified Lifeguards. Morning instruction is taught by our Certified Lifeguards and afternoon recreational swim is a refreshing treat!
Campers will be swim checked for safety and to ensure proper instruction. They will be assigned a wristband that gives them their level and alerts the staff to each camper’s swimming experience. We have a shallow end of the pool that starts at 18 inches which is perfect for the beginner swimmers.
For your convenience, Beth El will be providing complimentary towels (that stay at camp) for each camper at every swim.
We offer individualized options for additional care, suited to your family’s specific needs. Before camp care begins at 6:30am, and After camp care (which includes a snack) ends at 7:00pm. Rates will be determined based on drop-off and/or pick-up times. Please inquire for more details.
Beth El Day Camp accepts children ages 2-8 years old.
All children must wear velcro sneakers or closed shoes that cover the entire foot, including toes and heels. No sandals, Crocs, Keens, etc. at Beth El Day Camp except on designated days! Please dress children in comfortable play clothes. A complete list of necessities will be provided to enrolled families.
During the camp season, the camp office is open from 6:30am to 7:00pm. Please call 914.235.2700 x256 and leave a message and someone will return your call as soon as possible or email us at email@example.com